JIN JIN (aka Janée Bennett) boasts a more diverse catalogue and interesting journey than your average songwriter.
With impeccable A&R skills, multi-platinum hits across genres, and her own publishing company Raggamuffin Music, and management company Jinsing, she has achieved more than many songwriters with twice her years in the business.
Her success is all the more pertinent because she has achieved everything she has without a manager.
Having met the now seven times No. 1 artist Jess Glynne whilst hosting a song-writing masterclass at Jess’s college, Jin Jin penned Jess’s releases ‘Right Here’ (UK No. 6), ‘Real Love’ (UK No. 2) and UK No. 1s ‘Hold My Hand’ and ‘Not Letting Go’ by Tinie Tempah feat. Jess Glynne. Both of Jess’s albums topped the charts, and Jin Jin was nominated for an Ivor Novello and won a BMI Award for her writing on ‘Hold My Hand’.
The seeds of her ambitions were sown as a child, hanging out in her Granddad’s reggae music record shop in Manchester. Moving to London she became known initially for her work in the UK grime scene with Wiley and Roll Deep, but has gone on to collaborate with a host of international producers such as Fraser T Smith, Toby Gad and Chad Hugo, as well as artists Sean Paul, David Guetta, Rita Ora, Clean Bandit and many more…
Recent successes include:
- Co-writing ‘Lullaby’ by Sigala & Paloma Faith - one of the top 10 songs of the year, achieving UK Platinum sales
- Co-writing Jonas Blue & Sabrina Carpenter’s ‘Alien’ 45 million streams & No. 1 on the Billboard dance charts
- Co-writing Madison Bear ‘Home With You’ - 70m+ streams
- Penning 10 songs, including single ‘All I Am’, for Jess Glynne’s recent No. 1 album ‘Always In Between’
- Penning 3 songs for Sigala’s album ‘Brighter Days’
- Her Jax Jones ft. Raye co-write 'You Don’t Know Me' being featured in a US T Mobile sync
- Co-Writing Raye’s singles ‘Decline’ and ‘Friends’
- A nomination for songwriter of the year at the Music Business Worldwide A&R Awards
- Winning top accolade “Music Creative” at the Music Week Women In Music Awards