Jin Jin (aka Janée Bennett) boasts a more diverse catalogue and interesting journey than your average songwriter.
With impeccable A&R skills, multi-platinum hits across genres, and her own publishing company, Raggamuffin Music, she has achieved more than many songwriters with twice her years in the business. She has also recently formed Jinsing management with a focus on developing the stars of the future.
Her success is all the more pertinent because she has achieved everything she has without a manager.
Having met the now seven times #1 artist Jess Glynne whilst hosting a song-writing masterclass at Jess’s college, Jin Jin penned Jess’s single releases ‘Right Here’ (UK No. 6), ‘Real Love’ (UK No. 2) and two UK #1’s ‘Hold My Hand’ and ‘Not Letting Go’ by Tinie Tempah featuring Jess Glynne. Both of Jess’s albums have been chart toppers.
As a child, the seeds of her ambitions were sown whilst hanging out in her Granddad’s reggae music record shop in Stockport, near Manchester. Moving to London she became known initially for her work in the UK grime scene with Wiley and Roll Deep, but has gone on to collaborate with a host of international producers such as Fraser T Smith, Toby Gad, Chad Hugo as well as artists Sean Paul, David Guetta Rita Ora, Clean Bandit and many more.
In the last 12 months, her successes have included:
- Co-writing ‘Lullaby’ by Sigala & Paloma Faith - one of the top 10 songs of the year, reaching UK No. 6 and achieving UK Platinum sales.
- Co-writing Jonas Blue & Sabrina Carpenter’s ‘Alien’ 45 million streams and No. 1 on the Billboard dance charts.
- Co-writing Madison Bear ‘Home With You’ - 70m+ streams .
- Penning 10 songs, including single ‘All I Am’, for Jess Glynne’s recent #1 album ‘Always In Between’.
- Penning 3 songs for Sigala’s album ‘Brighter Days’.
- Her Jax Jones ft. Raye co-write 'You Don’t Know Me' being featured in a US T Mobile sync.
- Co-Writing Raye’s singles ‘Decline’ and ‘Friends’