Music Week Sync Awards 2018 nominations
Finalists have been announced for the Music Week Sync Awards, which returns for its fifth year this October. UMPG have been nominated for twenty awards in a variety of categories.
UMPG are nominated in the following categories:
Two nominations for Best Sync – TV Advert for:
- Rellik (BBC One) featuring ‘Cherry Coloured Funk’ by Cocteau Twins
- Black Mirror (Channel 4) featuring ‘Panic’ by The Smiths
Two nominations for Best Sync – TV Trailer for:
- Unforgotten (ITV) featuring ‘Leave A Light On’ by Tom Walker (Co-written by Tom Walker and Steve Mac)
- BBC One The Supporting Act featuring ‘Symphony’ by Clean Bandit (Feat. Zara Larsson) (Co-written by Steve Mac)
Two nominations for Best Sync – TV Show (Sport) for:
- BBC World Cup Titles 2018 – Sigala
- BBC World Cup 2018 – ‘Reborn’ by Rae Morris
Two nominations for Best Sync – TV Show Advert for:
- BT featuring ‘Blue Monday’ by New Order
- Sony Bravia featuring ‘Leave A Light On’ by Tom Walker (Co-written by Tom Walker and Steve Mac)
Two nominations for Best Sync – Online Viral Avert for:
- H&M featuring ‘Hypnotised’ by Years & Years
- Vogue.com featuring ‘Praise You’ by Fatboy Slim
Best Sync – Film Trailer for Whitney ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)’ by Whitney Houston (Co-written by George Merrill and Shannon Rubicam)
Two nominations for Best Sync – Film for:
- Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation featuring ‘I See Love’ by Jonas Blue
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle featuring ‘Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting’ by Elton John (Co-written by Elton John and Bernie Taupin)
Two nominations for Best Sync – Video Game Trailer for:
- Metro Exodus - E3 2018 featuring ‘Angel’ by Massive Attack
- Football Manager #LikeABoss featuring ‘This Moment’ by Chase & Status and Blossoms
Best Branded Entertainment for Coca-Cola featuring ‘You Don’t Know Me’ by Jax Jones (Feat. Raye) (Co-written by Jin Jin)
Best Social Media/Online Partnership for Sharp’s Brewery featuring ‘Keynvor’ composed by Sebastian Plano and supervised by George O’Brien (UMPG Creative Manager)
UMPG Creative Manager Phil Canning is nominated for Music Supervisor - Film for his music supervision in 'I Am Not A Witch', 'The Strangers: Prey At Night', 'Skate Kitchen', 'The Hummingbird Project' and 'Possum'.
Tom Walker is nominated for ‘Sync Artist Of The Year’ and finally, Universal Music Publishing for ‘Sync team: Publisher’.
The categories showcase the best and most successful sync placements across an entire range of media, including film, TV, video games and online.
Winners will be announced at a ceremony which will take place on October 18th at London’s Grand Connaught Rooms.