Jin Jin wins 'Music Creative' at the Women In Music Awards
The 2018 Women in Music awards took place at The Brewery in Clerkenwell today and songwriter Jin Jin (aka Janée Bennett) was awarded the inaugural 'Music Creative' award.
Jin Jin boasts a more diverse catalogue and interesting journey than your average songwriter. With impeccable A&R skills, multi-platinum hits across genres, and her own publishing company, Raggamuffin Music, she has achieved more than many songwriters with twice her years in the business. She has also recently formed Jinsing management focusing on the stars of the future.
Her success is all the more pertinent because she has achieved everything she has without a manager.
Having discovered the now seven times #1 artist Jess Glynne whilst hosting a song-writing masterclass at Jess’s college, Jin Jin has penned Jess’s single releases ‘Right Here’ (UK No. 6), ‘Real Love’ (UK No. 2) and two UK #1’s ‘Hold My Hand’ and ‘Not Letting Go’ featuring Tinie Tempah. Both Jess albums have been chart toppers.
In the last 12 months, her successes have included:
- Co-writing ‘Lullaby’ by Sigala & Paloma Faith - one of the top 10 songs of the year, reaching UK No. 6 and achieving UK Platinum sales.
- Co-writing Jonas Blue & Sabrina Carpenter’s ‘Alien’ 45 million streams and No. 1 on the Billboard dance charts.
- Co-writing Madison Bear ‘Home With You’ - 70m+ streams
- Penning 10 songs, including single ‘All I Am’, for Jess Glynne’s recent #1 album ‘Always In Between’.
- Penning 3 songs for Sigala’s album ‘Brighter Days’.
- Co-write Jax Jones ft. Raye 'You Don’t Know Me' being featured in a US T Mobile sync.
- Co-Writing Raye’s singles ‘Decline’ and ‘Friends’
Known initially for her work in the UK grime scene with Wiley and Roll Deep, she developed relationships collaborate with a host of international producers such as Fraser T Smith, Toby Gad, Chad Hugo as well as artists Sean Paul, David Guetta Rita Ora, Clean Bandit and many more.
Congratulations from all at Universal Music Publishing on your incredible award.